As of October 2013, according to the official adoption authority in Latvia, these 3 children are living with HIV and are currently registered for international adoption:
11. Girl, born on December 30, 2012:
- girl has blue-grayish eyes and brown hair. The girl is calm, has good sucking reflex, eats well but does it slowly, holds head well, makes an eye contact, reacts to light and likes bathing;
- child was born to a 38 years old mother, from her 5th pregnancy, in the 4th delivery, with a weight of 4130 g, height – 54 cm, after Apgar’s score 8/9 points. During the pregnancy the mother was not monitored by a doctor;
- child has been consulted by a physiotherapist (22.01.2013.) – the psychomotor development of the child corresponds to age. Crawling age – in a position laying on the back turns head to one or another side. Hold head in a centre line for a several seconds. Kicks (motions) with both legs. In a sitting position has good head control, holds head for several seconds. Muscle tone in norm. Walking age – reflectory leg support reactions – hip straightening and automatic walking when in vertical position. Grasping age – palms mostly are in fists, pronounced grasping reflex. Perception age – with an eye gaze follows to a red rattle to both sides when it is moved. Reacts to a bright light and noise. Social age – fixes the face which moves and follows it for a short time. Looks in the eyes. Mostly gets calm when is taken on the hands;
- final medical diagnoses – HIV infection, HCV exposition, anti-syphilis course;
- further necessary treatment – regular medicament treatment, surveillance of an infectologist, a hepatologist and a dermatovenerologist, prevention of rickets;
- the mother abandoned child in a hospital, nor maternity, nor paternity for the child has been stated.
12. Boy, born on May 19, 2011:
- boy has brown eyes and hair. The child is smiley, loves communicating with the adults, enjoys playing with toys and other children, likes looking picture books, moves by crawling, sometimes by holding with his hands pops up on a little platform, eats with a help of the adult, has good appetite. The boy is active, is interested, joyful. Caretakers of the child says that boy develops well and his positivism helps in improvement of his development, he is a real combatant;
- child was born to a 36 years old mother, from her 5th pregnancy, in the 3rd delivery, in the 37 gestation week, with a weight of 2970 g, height – 47 cm, after Apgar’s score 7/8/8 points. During the pregnancy the mother was not monitored by a doctor;
- child was consulted by a physiotherapist (18.01.2013.) – psychomotor development of the child delays in every area. Notable dynamic of the development. Gross motor – child moves forward by crawling, often plays in the position laying on the right side, by crawling activates the left side in a support to the right side. Is able to sit down on the right side-sitting by supporting on the right hand or on support with both palms when they are on the front. Stands on his knees. By holding stands up and stands for a while. Alternates the weight to one or another leg, has different height for his inner part of the feet, notable outward-rotation of the hips, knees and feet. If the weight is on the left leg, then the right leg is bended. The child has pronounced posture and motion asymmetry due to congenital developmental anomalies. The child is active and dapper. Sleight-of-hand – plays with a different size and shape objects, has ‘pliers gripe’, leafs the book of pictures, pushes a toy car when is in the position laying on the back or in a sitting position, takes a toy in each hand, claps them together or puts them in one another. In other positions works more with his left hand. Perception – simultaneously is able to play with 2 objects, tries to connect them is able to put smaller cup into the middle cup and then into the larger cup), is able to find the object beneath the cup, using string can drag a toy which tied to the string to himself, tries drawing. Social age – when asked, gives toy, tries to imitate gesture ‘bye’, rolls a ball to the adult. Gladly gets in contact with the adults or a child. Smiles a lot. Self-dependence – drinks from a mug which is held without getting dirty, takes food and eats it with his hands, when getting dressed helps with his motions;
- final medical diagnoses – multiple congenital anomalies; teratogenic dislocation of the left hip joint; contracture of left hips, left clubfoot; scholiostic spinal deformity; multiple vertebral anomalies in the thoracic and lumbar part; flaccid lower limbs, parapresis, movement disorders, HIV I A III, HIV infection with other specified expressions (B23.8), OU Astigmatism hypermetropic, glasses; psychomotor development delay;
- further necessary treatment – to continue assigned therapy of an infectologist, control of the infectologist. To wear glasses. Consultation of a psychiatrist. Physiotherapy. Speech therapy;
- by a court verdict the mother of the child was deprived of custody rights in November 2012, paternity has not been stated. The mother did not visit her child in the hospital for a long time. Periodically the mother has phoned to the out-of-family care institution and shown interest about the child, often she was under the abusive substances while phoning;
- the child has 1 older brother who is under the guardianship. The decision of Orphans’ Court on separation of the children in case of adoption has been made.
30. Girl, born on 31st of May 2004:
- she has brown eyes and hair, she was born to a 23 years old mother in her third pregnancy, in her third delivery with the weight of 2450 g and height of 47 cm, she started sitting at the age of 13 months, crawling when she was 1 year and 8 months old, walking without assistance at the age of 1year and 10 months, first teeth came out when she was 8, 5 months old. The girl is emotional, likes individual attention, likes when someone occupies with her, sometimes whining. The general development of the girl has been retarded; girl is mutual sensoneural partially-deaf in serious stage. Child doesn’t speak, doesn’t walk, she doesn’t control where she is going or what she wants to do;
- medical diagnosis – the backwardness of psychomotor development, mutual sensoneural partially-deaf in serious stage, B 20 (the infection of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)); the backwardness in serious stage with the indices of autism;
- further medical treatment – the surveillance by audiologue, the use of hearing aid, the surveillance by neurologist and psychiatrist, continue the control in AIDS center of Latvia;
- by the court verdict parents have been deprived from custody rights in April 2006, the paternity is not determined;
- the girl has one elder sister and brother, who are in the guardianship of their grandfather and two younger brothers – one of them lives with the parents, one lives in other out-of-family care center. A decision of the Orphans Court on children separation in case of adoption has been made.